- Participants will need to complete the Beginner Parenthood class series - Beginner Parenthood Bags, Beginner Parenthood Twinning and Beginner Parenthood Kit.
Sew Fun’s Intermediate Parenthood offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for participants to sharpen their sewing skills with a sewing machine.
Participants will complete 2 apparel in this course (e.g. you have a choice between Boys' Mandarin Collar shirt, Daddy's Mandarin Collar shirt and Girls' Cheongsam).
By the end of the course, participants would have better understanding of how to construct a more complex apparel and be ready with an outfit for the Lunar New Year!
Topics covered in the class includes:
- Sewing mandarin collars
- Sewing with a bias tape
- Attaching invisible zips (side/ back zip opening)
- Attaching sleeves
- Constructing frill sleeves
- Sewing curved lines
- Sewing buttonholes
- Using fusible interfacing
- Hand stitching
- $320 includes all tools and materials; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details of fabric requirements
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
- Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- REGULAR classes: 3 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks or twice a week over 2 weeks (depending on the class schedule)
- EXPRESS classes: 7.5 hours x 2 sessions, held twice a week over 1 week or once a week over 2 weeks.
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Please read our FAQ.