Beginner Apparel - Draft & Sew a Top using Basic Dart Manipulation*
- Participants should have completed our Foundation Apparel class. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Always wanted to make your own clothes? No longer be daunted by the prospect of making your own clothes from scratch with the help of our instructors, ever-ready to provide you with the guidance you need.
Participants will learn to draft and sew a simple top or shift dress customised to their size in this course.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Introduction to fabrics used in apparel
- Understanding seams, stitches and finishings that are commonly used on apparel
- Making a toile from a customised bodice block and evaluating fit
- Designing a simple top / shift dress and drafting it from a bodice block
- Drafting a set-in sleeve or all-in-one facing
- Attaching concealed zippers, facings, set-in sleeves
- Constructing top / shift dress with set-in sleeves or a sleeveless top / shift dress with an all-in-one facing
At the end of the course, Participants will understand the process of making a garment and be able to sew a garment that is customised to their size. Participants can continue their sewing journey in Beginner Apparel - Draft & Sew a Top using Gathers as Darts*.
- $380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details on fabric needed for the class
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- REGULAR class: 4 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
- EXPRESS class: 8 hours x 2 sessions, held once a week over 2 weeks, or twice a week over 1 week
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.