B8 - Everyday Top/Shift Dress*
- Participants should have completed our Foundation Sewing Class. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Beginner Apparel - Everyday Top / Shift Dress
Always wanted to make your own clothes? No longer be daunted by the prospect of making your own clothes from scratch with the help of our instructors, ever-ready to provide you with the guidance you need.
Participants will learn to draft and sew a simple top or shift dress customised to their size in this course.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Introduction to fabrics used in apparel
- Understanding seams, stitches and finishings that are commonly used on apparel
- Making a toile from a customised bodice block and evaluating fit
- Designing a simple top / shift dress and drafting it from a bodice block
- Drafting a set-in sleeve or all-in-one facing
- Attaching concealed zippers, facings, set-in sleeves
- Constructing top / shift dress with set-in sleeves or a sleeveless top / shift dress with an all-in-one facing
At the end of the course, Participants will understand the process of making a garment and be able to sew a garment that is customised to their size. Participants can continue their sewing journey and make the Weekend Dress by manipulating darts into gathers.
- $380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details on fabric needed for the class
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3.5 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.