- Participants should have completed any 2 of our beginner apparel series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Intermediate Apparel - Shirt / Shirt Dress (Draft & Sew)
Make your very own shirt blouse, or shirt dress! This course is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for participants who are keen to learn intermediate level drafting and sewing skills for apparel.
Participants will learn to draft and sew a shirt blouse or shirt dress customised to their size.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting and constructing a shirt blouse / shirt dress based on your personal bodice block
- Constructing a button-down stand collar, 2-piece shirt yoke, and set-in sleeves with button cuffs
- Adding design details such as gathers in place of bust darts via dart manipulation
- Learning intermediate sewing techniques such as the french seam and flat felled seam
Participants can continue their sewing journey in Cheongsam Dress.
$380 includes equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details on fabric needed for the class
Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3.5 hours x 5 sessions held once a week over 5 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.