Intermediate Apparel - Draft & Sew Pants with Zippered Fly*
- Participants should have completed any of our Beginner Apparel Draft & Sew series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Do you find it difficult to buy a well fitted pair of pants? Time to make yourself a pair of custom pants that actually fit! This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for participants who have completed our Beginner Apparel Draft & Sew class series and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
Participants will learn to make a pair of customised pants with a zippered fly, slanted side pockets and back welt pockets.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting a customised pants pattern based on a individual pants block
- Applying intermediate apparel sewing techniques such as the flat felled seam, and stitch-in-the-ditch technique
- Drafting and constructing a welt pocket
- Constructing a zippered fly
- Constructing deep pockets (for your phone, keys, etc)
By the end of the class, participants would have constructed their very own pair of trousers that can be worn as sleek office pants, hiking pants, or go-to everyday pants. Participants can continue their sewing journey in Intermediate Apparel - Draft & Sew a Shirt Blouse.
- $380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details on fabric needed for the class
- REGULAR class: 4 hours x 4 sessions held once a week over 4 weeks
- EXPRESS class: 8 hours x 2 sessions, held once a week over 2 weeks, or twice a week over 1 week
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.