Intermediate Apparel - Formal Pants*
- Participants should have completed any 2 of our beginner apparel class series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Intermediate Apparel - Formal pants with zippered fly
Do you find it difficult to buy a well fitted pair of pants? Time to make yourself a pair of custom pants that actually fit! This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for participants who have completed our beginner apparel class series and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
Participants will learn to make a pair of customised pants with a zippered fly, slanted side pockets and back welt pockets.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting a customised pants pattern based on a individual pants block
- Applying intermediate apparel sewing techniques such as the flat felled seam, and stitch-in-the-ditch technique
- Drafting and constructing a welt pocket
- Constructing a zippered fly
- Constructing deep pockets (for your phone, keys, etc)
By the end of the class, participants would have constructed their very own pair of trousers that can be worn as sleek office pants, hiking pants, or go-to everyday pants. Participants can continue their sewing journey to make a Cheongsam Dress.
- $380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details on fabric needed for the class
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
- Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 4 hours x 4 sessions held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.