Intermediate Apparel - Occasion Dress*
- Participants should have completed any 2 of our beginner apparel class series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Intermediate Apparel - The Occasion Princess Seam Dress
Make your very own occasion dress! The princess seam line is one that flatters all body shapes (especially for plus sizes), and is ideal for a fit and flare dress pattern. Learn how to draft and sew a unique dress that reflects your style!
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting and constructing a princess seam line dress based on your personal bodice block using dart manipulation and contouring
- Drafting a flare skirt, a circle skirt, or skirt with pleats/gathers
- Drafting and sewing set-in sleeves with pleats or gathers, butterfly sleeves, cap sleeves or a sleeveless option
- Adding neckline details such as a simple flat collar, a peter pan collar, a stand collar, or perhaps a sweetheart neckline
- Attach a concealed zipper to a dress with a joined waistline
- Sewing a bias tape binding finish to a neckline
At the end of the course, you will learn to construct a well-fitted princess seam dress customised to your size. Participants can continue their sewing journey to make a Cheongsam Dress.
- $380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details on fabric needed for the class
- 4 hours x 4 sessions held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.