Apparel Class (Drafting for Dresses)*
- $380 (equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- REGULAR class: 3.5 hours x 6 sessions held twice a week over 3 weeks
- Students will learn to make a dress customised to their size
Make your very own princess seam dress in our Apparel Class - Drafting for Dresses! This course is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class and are keen to learn more clothes-making skills.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting and constructing a princess seam dress based on your personal bodice block using dart manipulation and contouring
- Using gathering as a form of dart manipulation
- Adding details such as a simple flat collar, or a V-neck button-up
- Drafting a drop shoulder, butterfly sleeve, petal sleeve or sleeveless dress
- Constructing hidden side pockets
- Sewing an all-in-one facing
- Sewing a bias tape binding finish to a neckline
At the end of the course, you would have constructed 2 new dresses customised to your size!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.