Intermediate Apparel - Draft & Sew a Princess Seam Dress*
- Participants should have completed any of our Beginner Apparel - Draft and Sew series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Make your very own dress! The princess seam line is one that flatters all body shapes (especially for plus sizes), and is ideal for a fit and flare dress pattern. Learn how to draft and sew a unique dress that reflects your style!
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting and constructing a princess seam line dress based on your personal bodice block using dart manipulation and contouring
- Drafting a flare skirt, a circle skirt, or skirt with pleats/gathers
- Drafting and sewing set-in sleeves with pleats or gathers, butterfly sleeves, cap sleeves or a sleeveless option
- Adding neckline details such as a simple flat collar, a peter pan collar, a stand collar, or perhaps a sweetheart neckline
- Attach a concealed zipper to a dress with a joined waistline
- Sewing a bias tape binding finish to a neckline
At the end of the course, you will learn to construct a well-fitted princess seam dress customised to your size. Participants can continue their sewing journey in Intermediate Apparel - Draft & Sew Pants with Zippered Fly.
- $380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee as well as details on fabric needed for the class
- REGULAR class: 4 hours x 4 sessions held once a week over 4 weeks
- EXPRESS class: 8 hours x 2 sessions, held once a week over 2 weeks, or twice a week over 1 week
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.