- Participants should have completed any 2 of our beginner apparel class series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Intermediate Apparel - Cheongsam Dress (Draft & Sew)
Make a unique Cheongsam that shouts you! This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for participants who have completed our beginner apparel classes and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
Participants will learn to make a cheongsam dress customised to their size with various design options.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understand the garment construction of a cheongsam/qipao dress with full lining
- Draft a customised cheongsam dress pattern based on your personal cheongsam dress block with your own design preferences in mind
- Draft and construct a mandarin collar with piping or binding
- Sew an all-in-one facing, or full lining for a cheongsam dress with concealed zipper
- Make your own frog buttons
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a cheongsam customised to your size!
$550 including custom fit pattern, equipment and tools; participants are required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details on fabric needed for the class
Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3.5 hours x 6 sessions, held once a week over 6 weeks
Have questions on registration, or refunds? Read our FAQs here.