- Participants should have completed any 2 of our beginner apparel class series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Sew Fun’s Intermediate Parenthood offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for participants to sharpen their sewing skills with a sewing machine. Participants will complete 2 apparel in this course (e.g. you have a choice between Boys' Mandarin Collar shirt, Daddy's Mandarin Collar shirt and Girls' Cheongsam Dress).
The Cheongsam dress and SamFu shirt pattern included in this class is drafted by Porcupine Patterns, an avid and skillful sewist who loves to design and create! Options for dresses include the classic straight cut with side slits, A-line flare, or gathered skirt; short sleeves, capped sleeves, or sleeveless; side zipper or back zipper.
By the end of the course, participants would have better understanding of how to construct a more complex apparel and be ready with an outfit for the Lunar New Year!
Topics covered in the class includes:
- Sewing mandarin collars
- Sewing with a bias tape
- Attaching invisible zips (side/ back zip opening)
- Attaching sleeves
- Constructing frill sleeves
- Sewing curved lines
- Sewing buttonholes
- Using fusible interfacing
- Hand stitching
$380 includes all tools and materials; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details of fabric requirements
Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3.5 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Please read our FAQ.