- Participants should have completed any 2 of our Beginner Sewing Class series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Intermediate Bag Package
Our Intermediate Bag Package class is catered to participants who want to sharpen their sewing skills while continuing their journey in learning how to craft bags. To ensure that every participant is afforded sufficient attention by our instructors, the intermediate class features small class sizes of no more than 8 participants.
Participants will complete 3 - 4 projects over 10 lessons (e.g. Clutch, Backpack, Message Bag or Duffel Bag and a option of a open class portion (The open class portion means you have a chance to contribute ideas /projects you would like to take on, so we can make the course more relevant for you).
By the end of this course, participants may continue their sewing journey by joining our Apparel Series
Topics covered in the class include:
- Sewing a welt zipper pocket, cardholder compartment, accordion purse construction
- Techniques to finish the edges of your projects
- Work with a variety of fabric materials such as oil cloth, acrylic canvas, fabric suede
- Make use of accessories like magnets, velcro, tri-glides, lobster snap hooks, strap adjuster, snap buttons and various hardware for closure
- Sewing using chain zippers
Understanding pocket construction techniques, drafting and customizing your own pockets
- Constructing a zipper gusset, and padded straps
- Working with wadding, batting, or other materials to give bags structure
Understand how to sew with thicker materials and work with a variety of fabric materials such as oil cloth, acrylic canvas, fabric suede
$600 including all tools and some materials
- Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3 hours x 10 sessions, held once a week over 10 weeks
Have questions on registration or refunds? Read our FAQ.