Curious about sewing and wondering if it is for you? Tried using a sewing machine and discovered you'd like some guidance? Thinking of getting sewing tips from threading a machine to preventing thread from bunching? You've come to the right place!
Our Foundation Bags offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for participants to develop foundational sewing skills with a sewing machine from zero experience.
Participants will complete 3 projects in this course (a toolkit, a tote bag and a reversible drawstring pouch).
By the end of the course, our participants would have gained a basic understanding of how to use the sewing machine and will be ready to embark on any of the Beginner Bag or Apparel series.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Sewing basic stitches and seams
- Using a serger/overlocker
- Sewing a patch-on pocket
- Making and attaching straps
- Constructing simple 3D bases for pouches
$320 includes all tools and materials
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Please read our FAQ.