- Participants should have completed our Beginner Apparel Class series.
- We welcome experienced sewists to join our knits class. Do take note that skillsets such as using a serger and sewing set-in sleeves are required pre-requisites for this class.
Intermediate Apparel - Knits Kids (Cut & Sew)
Jersey fits kids best but unsure of how to get started with sewing? Join our hands-on course and learn how to work with knit/jersey material to create an everyday t-shirt, pants and hoodie for children.
Participants will learn to make a simple children t-shirt, a pair of pants and a hoodie.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding and working with knit fabrics: How to choose the right fabric for different dress patterns, calculating Stretch Factor, identifying direction of stretch, cutting knit fabrics
- How to set up a domestic sewing machine to sew knit fabric
- Joining seams for knit material (stretchy stitch, zig-zag stitch, 4-thread serging)
- Hemming techniques for knit/jersey fabric such as twin needle top-stitching, binding using jersey binding tape, and sewing a banded neckline
At the end of the course, you will understand the ins and outs of sewing with jersey fabric and be able to sew more knit clothes!
$380 includes paper patterns, tools and equipment; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
- We will email you the details of fabric requirements.
Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3.5 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Please read our FAQ.