Holiday Sew Fun for Kids 2021 *NEW*
Learn by Making!
In this basic sewing class that is specially catered for children, participants will exercise their creativity while exploring fabric as a medium for design and creative expression. They will experiment with shapes and colours, be equipped with machine sewing skills, apply basic mathematical skills relevant to design including spatial reasoning, measuring and numerical calculation as well as learn hand stitching and tying knots.
- $310 for 4 lessons, including all tools and materials. They just need to show up!
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your child's place
- We will email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 2 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
- 7 - 9 years old
- Students will complete 4-5 projects (e.g. Customised drawstring bag, Sling bag with pompom, cape & mask, stuffed creatures or shapes, zip pouch, festive face mask) over 4 lessons
- 10 - 12 years old
- Students will complete 4-5 projects (e.g. Customised tote bag, zip pouch, lanyard holder, stuffed creatures or shapes, festive face mask) over 4 lessons
- Minimum class size is 4 students. Deposit will be refunded if minimum class size is not met.
Holiday Sew Fun for Kids offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for kids to pick up basic sewing skills. Guaranteed to provide much guidance and care, our instructors will progressively equip kids to hand sew, tie knots and the skills to sew with a machine.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Basic sewing techniques such as creating double-folds, single-folds, and serging
- Constructing basic bag forms
- Constructing pockets
- Creating reversible bags
- Using fusible interfacing
- Hand stitching a button
- Tying knots for drawstring closures and adjustable strap
- Attaching zippers, straps, and snap buttons
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.