Novice Apparel Sewing Package
Novice Apparel sewing package is a combination of our Foundation Sewing Class (3hrs x 4 sessions) and a Beginner level sewing class B7 - Casual Pants (3.5hrs x 4 sessions). This class offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for participants to develop foundational sewing skills with a sewing machine from zero experience.
By the end of this package, participants would have gained a good understanding of how to use the sewing machine through the completion of up to 4 projects in the Foundation Sewing Class (e.g. toolkit, tote bag, reversible drawstring pouch and zipper pouch) and in the B7 - Casual Pants, participants will learn basic pattern alteration for a commercial pattern and how to sew a casual elastic drawstring pants customised to their size. This course also includes an excursion to Chinatown to explore fabrics suitable for apparel.
Ninja Apparel Package
Turn the Novice Apparel Package to a Ninja Apparel package by adding another Beginner level apparel sewing class. Enjoy an additional $50 off when you have this add-on!
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Sewing basic stitches and seams
- Using a serger/overlocker
- Sewing a patch-on pocket
- Making and attaching straps
- Constructing 3D bases for pouches and bags
- Sewing zippers
- Introduction to fabrics used in apparel
- Understanding clothing paper patterns
- Choosing the right size based on body measurements
- Basic pattern alteration for a pants pattern
- Understanding seams, stitches and finishings that are commonly used on apparel
- Sewing slanted side pockets, buttonholes, darts and attaching a waistband
- Constructing an elastic drawstring pants
- Novice Apparel sewing package $650 (8 sessions, held once a week over 8 weeks) including all tools and fabric
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
Have questions on registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.