- $100 (Pattern by Porcupine Patterns included; equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $50 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- 3.5hrs x 2 sessions held one day a week over 2 weeks
- Students will learn to make a Girls' Cheongsam Dress or a Boys' SamFu Shirt
Thinking of something unique and handmade with love? Join us for a Girls' Cheongsam Dress or Boys' SamFu Shirt class. This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class or Beginner Sewing Class and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
The Cheongsam Dress and SamFu shirt pattern included in this class is drafted by Porcupine Patterns, an avid and skillful sewist who loves to design and create! Options for dresses include the classic straight cut with side slits, A-line flare, or gathered skirt; short sleeves, capped sleeves, or sleeveless; side zipper or back zipper.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Simple pattern alteration to an existing kids clothing pattern.
- Sewing a mandarin collar.
- Using bias binding tape to finish seams.
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a unique outfit for someone special!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.
Stay updated when new classes open!