- $100 (Pattern included; equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $50 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- 3hrs x 3 sessions held one day a week over 3 weeks
- Students will learn to make a Girls' Cheongsam Dress or a Boys' SamFu Shirt
Thinking of something unique and handmade with love? Join us for a Girls' Cheongsam Dress / Boys' SamFu Shirt class. This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class or Beginner Sewing Class and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills. Options for dresses include the classic straight cut with side slits, A-line flare, or gathered skirt; short sleeves, capped sleeves, or sleeveless; side zipper or back zipper.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Simple pattern alteration to an existing kids clothing pattern.
- Sewing a mandarin collar.
- Using bias binding tape to finish seams.
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a unique outfit for someone special!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.
Stay updated when new classes open!