Foundation Bag Sewing
Sew Fun’s Foundation Bag Sewing offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for participants to develop foundational sewing skills with a sewing machine from zero experience.
Participants will complete 4 projects in this course (e.g. toolkit, tote bags, reversible drawstring pouch and face mask).
By the end of the course, our participants would have gained a basic understanding of how to use the sewing machine and will be ready to embark on the Beginner Bag sewing series such as sewing a bag with gusset in Beginner Bag Sewing A or a bag with lining and round bases in Beginner Bag Sewing B.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Constructing basic bag forms
- Constructing bases
- Creating reversible pouch
- Drawstring closures
- Sewing a pocket
- Creating and attaching straps
- Tying knots
- $320 includes all tools and materials
- This course includes Introduction to Sewing Machines and Taking Body Measurements as a complimentary class module
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
- Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- REGULAR classes: 3 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks or twice a week over 5 weeks (depending on the class schedule)
- EXPRESS classes: 7.5 hours x 2sessions, held twice a week over 1 week or once a week over 2 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Please read our FAQ.