- Participants should have completed our Beginner Apparel Sewing Class. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Intermediate Apparel - Cosy Pyjamas Set (Cut & Sew)
Always wanted to make your own clothes? Join our Cosy Pyjamas Set beginner sewing class to kickstart your sewing journey. No longer be daunted by the prospect of making your own clothes with the help of our instructors, ever-ready to provide you with the guidance you need.
In this course you will learn basic pattern alteration for a commercial pattern and how to sew a cosy pyjamas set.
This course includes an excursion to Chinatown to explore fabrics suitable for apparel.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Introduction to fabrics used in apparel
- Understanding clothing paper patterns
- Choosing the right size based on body measurements
- Basic pattern alteration on a commercial pattern
- Understanding seams, stitches and finishings that are commonly used on apparel
- Attaching facings, in-seam pockets, buttons and buttonholes
- Constructing a summer outerwear
At the end of the course, you will understand the whole process of making a pyjamas set that is adjusted to your size. With this set of basic skills, you will be ready to embark on our Everyday Top/Shift Dress or the Weekend Dress beginner classes.
$380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3.5 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.