Apparel Class - Cheongsam*
- Students should have completed our Basic Apparel Class
- $380 (equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- EXPRESS class: 6.5 hours x 3.5 sessions held one day a week over 4 weeks
- Students will learn to make a cheongsam customised to their size
Make a unique Cheongsam that shouts you! This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understand the garment construction of a cheongsam/qipao dress with lining
- Draft a customised cheongsam dress pattern based on your personal bodice block using dart manipulation
- Draft and construct a mandarin collar with piping
- Sew an all-in-one facing, or full lining for a cheongsam dress
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a cheongsam customised to your size!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.