Apparel Class - Cheongsam*
- Students should have completed our Basic Apparel Class
- $580 (custom fit pattern, equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
- Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- EXPRESS class: 7 hours x 4 sessions (total 28 hours) held one day a week over 4 weeks
- REGULAR class: 4 hours x 7 sessions (total 28 hours) held one day a week over 8 weeks
- Students will learn to make a cheongsam customised to their size
Make a unique Cheongsam that shouts you! This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understand the garment construction of a cheongsam/qipao dress with lining
- Draft a customised cheongsam dress pattern based on your personal cheongsam dress block with your own design preferences in mind
- Draft and construct a mandarin collar with piping or binding
- Sew an all-in-one facing, or full lining for a cheongsam dress with concealed zipper
- Make your own frog buttons
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a cheongsam customised to your size!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.