Beginner Sewing Class - Parenthood is Sew Fun
- $620 for 10 lessons, including all tools and some materials (apparel fabric to be purchased by students)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
- Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- REGULAR classes: 3 hours x 10 sessions, held once a week over 10 weeks
- EXPRESS classes: 7.5 hours x 4 sessions, held twice a week over 2 weeks
- Students will complete 6 projects (e.g. drawstring pouch organiser, apron, zippered wet bag or zippered shoe bag, kids backpack, and twinning parent-child outfits) over 10 lessons
- More photographs of projects can be seen on our Facebook album
Sew Fun’s Beginner Sewing Class (Parenthood version) offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for students to master basic sewing skills. Guaranteed to provide much guidance and care just like what Parenthood is about, our instructors will ensure you master basic sewing skills and leave with outputs that delight and are practical.
By the end of the class, our students would have gained the confidence to use a sewing machine to embark on their own projects.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Constructing pockets
- Velcro, button, and drawstring closures
- Constructing basic bag forms
- Using fusible interfacing
- Attaching zippers, and straps
- Sewing a gusset
- Understanding clothing patterns
- Basic apparel sewing techniques such as serging, and hemming
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.