Beginner Sewing Class (SkillsFuture Accredited course)
*This course is only eligible for Singaporeans that are 25 years old and above who has SkillsFuture Credits.
Sew Fun’s Beginner Sewing Class offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for participants to master basic sewing skills. Guaranteed to provide much guidance and care, our instructors will progressively equip you with the skills to sew basic bags and pouches.
Participants will complete 8-9 projects over 10 lessons (e.g. tote bags, drawstring pouches, zip pouches and reversible gusset bag etc).
By the end of the class, our participants would have gained the confidence to use a sewing machine to embark on their own projects.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Hand stitching and hemming
- Sewing cushions
- Constructing basic bag forms
- Constructing pockets
- Creating reversible bags
- Using fusible interfacing
- Making and attaching straps
- Attaching zippers and eyelets
- Sewing a gusset
- Sewing piping
Total Course Fee: $670 = $50 + $620
- $50 upfront payment required for tools, materials and administration. Your seat in the class will be confirm upon receipt of payment
- $620 for 10 lessons at 3 hours per lesson. You can claim up to $620 of SkillsFuture Credits (Depending on the amount of SkillsFuture credits you have)
- We will email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee (steps on how you can claim with your SkillsFuture credits)
- Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
- Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3 hours x 10 sessions, held once a week over 10 weeks
Have questions on class registration, SkillsFuture credit claim or refunds? Read our FAQs here.