- $620 for 10 lessons, including all tools and materials
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- SkillsFuture Credit approved (View details)
- $70 student discount if you are a full-time student below 25 years old
- REGULAR classes: 3 hours x 10 sessions, held once a week over 10 weeks or twice a week over 5 weeks
- EXPRESS classes: 7.5 hours x 4 sessions, held twice a week over 2 weeks or once a week over 4 weeks
- Students will complete 8-9 projects (e.g. tote bags and sling bags, drawstring pouches and zip pouches, and basic household items) over 10 lessons
Sew Fun’s Beginner Sewing Class offers structured and well-paced lessons, providing the perfect environment for students to master basic sewing skills. Guaranteed to provide much guidance and care, our instructors will progressively equip you with the skills to sew basic bags and pouches.
By the end of the class, our students would have gained the confidence to use a sewing machine to embark on their own projects.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Hand stitching and hemming
- Sewing cushions
- Constructing basic bag forms
- Constructing pockets
- Creating reversible bags
- Using fusible interfacing
- Magnet, button, and drawstring closures
- Attaching zippers, straps, and eyelets
- Sewing a gusset
- Sewing piping
Have questions on class registration, refunds, or the use of SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.
Stay updated when new classes open!