Apparel Class (Shirt/Shirt Dress)*
- Students should have completed our Basic Apparel Class
- $380 (equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- REGULAR class: 4hrs x 4 sessions held one day a week over 4 weeks
- Students will learn to make a shirt or shirt dress customised to their size
Make your very own shirt, or shirt dress in our Apparel Class (Shirt/Shirt dress)! This course is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class and are keen to learn more clothes-making skills.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting and constructing a shirt / shirt dress based on your personal bodice block
- Constructing a button-down stand collar, 2-piece shirt yoke, set-in sleeve with button cuffs
- Adding details such as a front placket, or no front placket
- Sewing details such as flat felled seams.
At the end of the course, you will have one new shirt that is customized to your size!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.