Apparel Class (Customised Pants with zippered fly)*
- Students should have completed our Basic Apparel Class
- $350 (equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- REGULAR class: 4 hours x 4 sessions held once a week over 4 weeks
- Students will learn to make a pair of customised pants/trousers with a zippered fly and welt pockets
Done with our Basic Apparel Class? Have difficulty buying a well fitted pair of pants? Time to make yourself a pair of custom pants that actually fit! This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
By the end of the class, you'd have constructed your very own pair of trousers that can be worn as sleek office pants, hiking pants, or your go-to everyday pants.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Applying apparel sewing techniques such as the welt seam, flat felled seam, and stitch-in-the-ditch technique
- Constructing a welt pocket
- Constructing a zippered fly
- Constructing deep pockets (for your phone, etc.) (optional)
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a pair of pants with a zippered fly and welt pockets, customised to your size!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.