Apparel Class (Cheongsam + Girls' Cheongsam Dress / Boys' SamFu Shirt)*
- Students should have completed our Basic Apparel Class
- $450 (equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- REGULAR class: 3.5 hours x 8 sessions held one day a week over 8 weeks
- Students will learn to make a cheongsam customised to their size & either a girls' cheongsam dress or a boys' samfu shirt
Planning on harmonising your Cheongsam with your kid's outfit? Join us for a Cheongsam + Girl's Cheongsam Dress / Boy's SamFu Shirt class. This class is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting and constructing a cheongsam based on your personal bodice block using dart manipulation and contouring
- Constructing a mandarin collar and piped edges
- Sewing an all-in-one facing, or full lining.
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a cheongsam customised to your size!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.