Apparel Class (Cheongsam)*
- Students should have completed our Basic Apparel Class
- $380 (equipment and tools will be provided; fabric to be provided by participant)
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- EXPRESS class: 7 hours x 3 sessions held one day a week over 3 weeks
- REGULAR class: 3.5 hours x 6 sessions held one day a week over 6 weeks
- Students will learn to make a cheongsam customised to their size
Not keen on mass-produced cheongsams? Make your own! Our Apparel Class (Cheongsam) is designed to be a follow-up hands-on class for students who have completed our Basic Apparel Class and are eager to learn more clothes-making skills. Choose from a classic design, or a contemporary cheongsam with a half-circle skirt!
Topics covered in the class include:
- Drafting and constructing a cheongsam based on your personal bodice block using dart manipulation and contouring
- Constructing a mandarin collar and piped edges
- Sewing an all-in-one facing, or full lining.
At the end of the course, you would have constructed a cheongsam customised to your size!
Have questions on registration, refunds, or SkillsFuture credits? Read our FAQs here.