Atelier Lodge x Sew Fun - Leather & Canvas Industrial Sewing Machine Class (B)
- $280 for 2 lessons, including all tools and some materials
- Pay $100 deposit upfront to confirm your place
- We will then email you the options available for you to transfer the remaining course fee
- 4 hours x 2 lessons
- Due to the nature of the equipment required for this workshop, lessons will be held in two venues: the first lesson will be held at Atelier Lodge (Enterprise Industrial Building, 46 Lorong 17 Geylang, #05-03, Singapore 388568)
- The second lesson will be held at Uyii Studio (24 Sin Ming Lane, Midview City, #08-108, Singapore 573970)
Lesson 1 - Saturday 15 August 2020, 1pm - 5pm at Atelier Lodge
Lesson 2 - Wednesday 19 August 2020, 1.30pm - 5.30pm at Sew Fun Studio
Leather and canvas, classic and timeless. Learn the fundamentals of two trades - leather-crafting and machine sewing to make a -
1. Leather Slot Cardholder (choose from 4 colours of leather) &
2. Canvas Lunch Bag with Leather Handles
Our workshop is hands-on from beginning to end, all tools and materials will be provided. You will use a range of hand-stitching tools for the leatherwork and industrial sewing machines for the canvas sewing. Quality materials that will be used during the class include vegetable-tanned Italian leather, Japanese cotton canvas, and vintage dead-stock fabrics.
For the leather classes, you will learn the fundamentals of leather-crafting including handling of tools & equipment, cutting techniques, gluing, saddle stitching by hand, assembling, edge finishing and hand-stamping (de-bossing) of names/initials.
For the canvas sewing classes, you will learn how to operate a walking foot industrial sewing machine, techniques for working with thick canvas material, sewing multiple layers of canvas, adding linings, and attaching leather parts onto fabric.
This workshop is a collaboration between the teaching arms of two local bag makers - Atelier Lodge and Sew Fun. Atelier Lodge was born when a local handmade leather goods workshop, Obbi Good Label, decided to teach the craft to a select few aspiring hobbyists. It gradually grew into a full-fledged trade school specialising in the fine art of leather-crafting. Sew Fun was started by the designers and crafters behind Uyii, a Singaporean sewing studio that specialises in locally designed and manufactured fabric bags.
This class is suitable for those with no/some experience in leatherwork and/or machine sewing. To ensure that each student gets sufficient attention, each workshop will have a maximum of 5 students.
Any questions? Drop us an email at email@example.com.