Learn by Making!
Holiday Sew Fun class is specially catered for children. Participants will exercise their creativity while exploring fabric as a medium for design and creative expression. They will experiment with shapes and colours, be equipped with machine sewing skills, apply basic mathematical skills relevant to design including spatial reasoning, measuring and numerical calculation as well as learn hand stitching and tying knots.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Understanding the basics of a domestic sewing machine
- Sewing straight and curved lines
- Basic sewing techniques such as creating double-folds, single-folds, and serging
- Constructing basic bag forms
- Constructing pockets
- Creating reversible bags
- Using fusible interfacing
- Hand stitching a button
- Tying knots for drawstring closures and adjustable strap
- Attaching zippers, straps, and snap buttons
What will they be making:
- 7 - 9 years old
- Participants will complete 2-3 projects (e.g. Skirt/Cape, Zip pouches, Pillow Case) over 2 lessons
- 10 - 12 years old
- Participants will complete 2-3 projects (e.g. Skirt/Cape, Zip pouches, Tote Bag) over 2 lessons
- Minimum class size is 4 participants. Deposit will be refunded if minimum class size is not met.
$155 for 2 sessions including all tools and materials. They just need to show up!
- PayNow upfront to confirm your child's place
- 2.5 hours x 2 sessions
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.