- Participants should have completed any 2 of our Beginner Sewing Class series. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
- It would be ideal for the participant to have their own sewing machine.
Intermediate Bag Sewing B
Our Intermediate Bag Sewing B (Let's make a Backpack/Duffel) class is catered to participants who want to sharpen their sewing skills while continuing their journey in learning how to craft bags. To ensure that every participant is afforded sufficient attention by our instructors, the intermediate class features small class sizes of no more than 8 participants.
Participants can choose to embark on 1 project, one of the following: Backpack or Duffel Bag.
By the end of this class, participants may continue their sewing journey by joining the Intermediate Bag Sewing A.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Sewing using chain zippers
Understanding pocket construction techniques, drafting and customizing your own pockets
- Constructing a zipper gusset, and padded straps
- Working with wadding, batting, or other materials to give bags structure
- Understand how to sew with thicker materials
- Work with a variety of fabric materials such as oil cloth, acrylic canvas, fabric suede
- Make use of accessories like magnets, velcro, tri-glides, snap buttons and various hardware for closure
$380 including all tools and materials.
Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 4 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on registration or refunds? Please read our FAQ.