- Participants should have completed our Foundation Sewing Class. Drop us an email to find out more about the requirements of this class if you have not taken a class with us before.
Beginner Apparel - Babydoll Dress/Top (Cut & Sew)
Always wanted to make your own clothes? Join our Babydoll Dress/Top beginner sewing class to kickstart your sewing journey. No longer be daunted by the prospect of making your own clothes with the help of our instructors, ever-ready to provide you with the guidance you need.
In this course you will learn basic pattern alteration for a commercial pattern and how to sew a dress or top.
This course includes an excursion to Chinatown to explore fabrics suitable for apparel.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Introduction to fabrics used in apparel
- Understanding clothing paper patterns
- Choosing the right size based on body measurements
- Basic pattern alteration on a commercial pattern
- Understanding seams, stitches and finishings that are commonly used on apparel
- Attaching in-seam pockets, set-in sleeves
At the end of the course, you will understand the whole process of making a babydoll dress or top that is adjusted to your size. With this set of basic skills, you will be ready to embark on our Everyday Top/Shift Dress or the Weekend Dress beginner classes.
$380 including equipment and tools; participants will be required to bring their own fabric
Sin Ming studio: Midview City, 24 Sin Ming Lane, #08-108, Singapore 573970
Commonwealth studio: Tanglin Halt Industrial Estate, 115A Commonwealth Drive, #04-05, Singapore 149596
- 3.5 hours x 4 sessions, held once a week over 4 weeks
Have questions on class registration or refunds? Read our FAQs here.